Saturday, August 9, 2014

Stitch Fix #4 - My Fix Reviewed

My fix came yesterday and I was oh so excited!! I usually sit and watch my tracking number online, my front door, and wait for Fed Ex to arrive... well yesterday I wasn't quite on my game because my Fix arrived and I didn't even know it! Yay!

What is Stitch Fix? 
Stitch Fix is a monthly or as you request clothing service that's delivered to your door. You sign up, fill out their Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. They send you clothes that match up with your profile. If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."  


A very BIG thank you to Judy for taking photos for me! These turned out so much better than my DIY photos from last month :)   

          Henry Embroidery Detail Tie-Neck Top
(Under Skies)

I had pinned this one to my "Stitch Fix Inspiration" Page for the stylist to see. I definitely liked this top right when I pulled it out of the box.  As soon as I tried it on, I knew that I would definitely be keeping this item. It's a sheer top and is very light weight. The flutter sleeves fit perfect but don't make my broad shoulders look any bigger than they already are.  I'm not quite sure yet about the tassels esp having a little one that will very likely find them exciting to pull on.  Plus the strings remind me of embroidery floss that separate very easily.  I might have to remove them but the shirt will be unaffected if I do.

Verdict:  Keep!



 Mico Burnout Trim Knit Tank 
        (Skies are Blue)

This was a very soft burnout tank.  (Material is very thin and you need to wear a cami underneath it).  The tank had very pretty detailing that was on the bottom part of the tank and it was also on the upper part of the back giving it a little flair.  I LOVED the color of this tank!  The fit was a little big and unfortunately it didn't do much for me.  It would have been cute with a scarf or something to dress it up a little bit.  However the price was $48 and I simply couldn't justify paying that for a glorified sleeveless t-shirt.  


Verdict: Returned  


Spencer Striped Jersey Dress
(Market and Spruce)

When I first put this dress on, I noticed how absolutely comfortable it was. It was very lightweight and would be perfect for summer.  However, I then looked in the mirror and to my horror saw those awful horizontal stripes hanging on ever so tightly to my belly and hips.  Yikes!  I think if this dress would have been in a solid color I might have been more pleased with it.  The way that the pattern landed on me, it made my belly and hips look even bigger than they are, which is hard when you're trying to lose weight.  

Verdict: Returned



Bradshaw Carved Clover Layering Necklace
(Zad)

I knew without even taking this out of the box this wasn't for me.  I don't wear much metallic jewelry, definitely not gold, and this was not going to work with a little one.  It was an easy "no."  

Verdict: Returned.



Francis Striped Fit & Flare Dress
(Pomelo)

Oh where to begin with this dress?  Looking at this photo it doesn't look nearly as awful as it did in person.  The material was a bit thick to feel comfortable with this in the heat.  The zipper was very low-quality and made it difficult to zip up.  I didn't care again for the horizontal striping across my mid-section.  And since this photo wasn't taken straight on, you can't see it, but my goodness it made my already large chest look even bigger with the way it fit (striping in the middle and black on the sides adds volume!).  So for those who are petite and do not have much up top, this is perfect for you!  Unfortunately for me, it looked outrageous and slightly inappropriate!  

Verdict: Returned


While I returned all but one of the items, I still love getting my monthly fix!  It's great to have someone else pick out items for you that you might not normally pick for yourself.  Also, you are getting clothes that likely no one else is going to have, which to me is a good thing!! 

It seems in talking to a few friends the length of time to get your first fix is rather quick!  (My first time I requested mine was Feb and got it in April... so it took a while.)  I still enjoy the service and think you might too!  They have sizes from XS-XL and 0-14.  It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes!  If you're interested, here is my referral link.  I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you are a member, you can have other friends sign up under your personal link.  (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)

 Hope you enjoyed this month's fix!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment