Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Stitch Fix #6 - My Fix Reviewed

You get what you get... that's the theme of this month's fix!   Each and every single time I get my shipping I notice it feels like YEARS before that Fed Ex truck shows up in my driveway.. Well imagine my pain when Stitch Fix said my fix should arrive "Around Oct 3rd" and it didn't quite make it here until October 6th! That's like having Christmas on December 28th.. Umm..  I don't think so..

Last month Adam asked me why I had his mom taking the pics instead of him.. TOTAL GUILT TRIP!  Umm, let's see.. because you lack patience.  You will take 1 or 2 pics and expect me to use them regardless of how they actually look... and because it's simply inconvenient with our sweet little boy to figure out a way to take them.. that's why... Well, after feeling bad from last month, I asked Adam to take my pictures.. which we did in 10 minutes.. while he was waiting to go workout and before I picked George up from daycare.. You get what you get folks!

What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a monthly or as you request clothing service that's delivered to your door. You sign up, fill out their Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. They send you clothes that match up with your profile. If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."


Top:  Esten Button-Up Sleeveless Blouse
(Collective Concepts) - $54

Bottoms: Emer High Waisted Tall Trouser
(Margaret M) - $98

I decided to make this post a 3 in 1.. partially because I had a very impatient photographer and because I just thought it would be easiest to pair all of these together!  

The blouse is one I actually asked for.  Each week Stitch Fix send out emails with info about "colors" or outfit ideas. I saw this color and LOVED it... Well, as you can see the fit of the shirt is less than flattering and the color is to be desired!  I'm not sure who can wear mustard yellow, but this shade wasn't for me. Verdict: Returned. 

The pants... I pulled these bad boys out of the box and laughed!  They looked like they would fit a 12 year old with no shape!  So when I puuuuuuullllllled them on I was so shocked that 1. they fit and 2. they looked pretty good on me!  Although I was curious about the length because they were rather long... Well see above - the word "tall" is included in the title. Tall?  Me?  I'm 5'4...  But since I liked how much they fit - I decided to keep them!   Verdict: Kept!

 



Sweater: Stavros V-Neck Button-Up Cardi
(Three Dots) - $108
 
You get what you get on a crazy windy day and a photographer who is quickly snapping pics.. This is the only decent one I could get of this sweater.. If only you could have felt the material!!  It was that uber soft fleece material that you could just cozy up into on a cold day... Unfortunately the sweater was the size of a blanket and I couldn't justify keeping a $144 sweater that didn't fit!! 
 
Verdict: Returned.



 
Walt Striped Skirt - $68
(41 Hawthorn)

Stitch Fix allows you to provide "notes" to your stylist to help them provide the best fix for you... Since I have had such bad luck lately, I figured I would try and be specific. I wrote, "the weather is starting to get rather cool up here in Wisconsin, so if you could please limit the amount of sleeveless tops, skirts and dresses, I would appreciated it!" 

Well you've already seen a sleeveless top above and now a skirt. Hmm.. apparently my note didn't help. 

This skirt was simply too small. I could barely get it zipped as you can see how super tight it is around my mid-section.  It's bunching and bulging and the horizontal stripes clearly did me no favors here!! 

Verdict: Returned
Calee Boatneck Knot Dress - $144
(Three Dots)

Oh... did you actually read my note?  Yes, now I have a skirt, a dress and a sleeveless shirt when I asked them to LIMIT the amount of these items they send to me.  Argh. Remember the horizontal stripe boatneck train wreck from last month?  Well boat neck strikes again.  This time in the form of a very bizzarely shaped/fitting dress.  Ladies, if you have any bit of curve or bumps you can see them in this dress. You can also see the outline of the cami I had underneat the dress.  The knot is weird and I'm not sure that this dress would flatter anyone unless they are itty bitty and carry no extra weight.   I could be wrong... but this was definitely a big ole miss for me!   Verdict: Returned



I know some people have really had great success so I keep the hope alive that one of these days I'll get a perfect fix!! 

For those of you who aren't familiar; Stitch Fix carries sizes XS-XL and 0-14. It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes! If you're interested, here is my referral link. I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you are a member, you can have other friends sign up under your personal link. (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)

No comments:

Post a Comment