Sunday, November 16, 2014

Stitch Fix #8 - My Fix Reviewed

From the moment I opened the box I knew I was going to be in love.  One of the great things about Stitch Fix is you can ask for certain things in your fix.  I've realized I don't have a lot of "going out" stuff so I asked for items that would be age/seasonally appropriate.  I also asked for a consistent stylist in the past but conveniently "Jaime" was not available.  This time I had Desiree do the styling and this gal was awesome.  For the first time I felt a little like I was pushed outside of my comfort zone with stuff that I really did like.... that was until I saw the photos that Adam took...

I have been running all summer and am close to my pre-baby weight... but when I look at these photos I see how far I still have to go.  I am being completely transparent by posting these photos. I simply ask that you please don't judge.  

What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a monthly or as you request clothing service that's delivered to your door. You sign up, fill out their Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. They send you clothes that match up with your profile. If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."


Top:  Stefani Lace Detailed Crew Neck Tank - $44
(Sanctuary)

Jeans:  Paige Skinny Jeans - $78
(Kut From the Kloth)

This top reminds me of one of my favorite tops I received from Stitch Fix.  It was in my very first fix and it's the one I wear the most.  So of course when I tried this one on, I knew I loved it.  It's a very basic black tank with some lace type detailing on the neck.  I like that I can wear it alone or wear it with sweaters, jackets, etc for the winter.    

Verdict:  Kept 

When I put these jeans on I realized right away that it was the common issue I have with pants.  The waist was way too big and the rest of the pants were way too tight.  Since I complained about receiving "tall" pants they now send me everything in ankle length. I also don't appreciate how thick they make my legs look and perhaps I didn't make the best styling decision with the boots they cut me off.  

Verdict:  Returned 



Zaiden Pocket Open Blazer - $88
(Ark n Co)

What I love about this blazer is the color.  It went so well with my skin tone and hair!  Unfortunately when I went to put it on it was like the arm holes weren't matched up right with the shoulders.  I couldn't raise my arms over my head and in fact I couldn't put my arms out in front of me.  The jacket also hung funny on me, likely because of the strange fit with the shoulders.  I would love an item like this in my wardrobe to kind of dress up jeans and a tank but this one wasn't a keeper for me! 

Verdict: Returned





Cia Boucle Sleeve Terry Moto Jacket - $128
(Kut From The Kloth)

First of all, hello filter!  When I saw the sleeves on this jacket my first instinct was ick!  I do not care for Boucle material, but actually when I put this on, the sleeves were rather soft.  I like the asymmetrical zipper on this and the way that it's a hoodie/moto jacket.  It's definitely more on the casual side vs going out.  Unfortunately it was a little on the big side and expensive side.  I googled this brand and was able to find it at Nordstrom for $108 instead.  Seriously, $108 for a sweatshirt is ridiculous!     

Verdict: Returned.




Alpine Plaid Wrap Scarf - $42
(Look by M)

For anyone that knows me will recognize that I love wearing scarves, so this should have been a no brainer for me.  I just couldn't get into this scarf though. I think it was because the material was so thick and wasn't super soft or comfy.  I usually love big scarves too but this one just wasn't the right fit for me.  Plus at $42 I couldn't buy into it since I know I could go buy 2 yards of material and make this myself for about $15.  

Verdict:  Returned

For those of you who aren't familiar; Stitch Fix carries sizes XS-XL and 0-14. It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes! If you're interested, here is my referral link. I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you sign up you can have other friends sign up under your personal link. (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)

Like I said, this one was a lot more fun that the other fixes I have had in the past.  However it might send me into a crash diet after looking at the photos and the way that my legs look in those skinny jeans!!  Apparently running a half marathon didn't do enough for me and I might have to suck it up and change some of my eating habits (don't hold your breath that I'll completely give up Mountain Dew)... Love you all... Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Good call on the scarf! You could get one from Ruffle Couture for about half the price and double the cute ;)
    Love the fix review!

    ReplyDelete