Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Brief Hiatus!

Friends... I have been laying L-O-W from this blogging thing lately!  I was fully ramped up and ready to go with super blogging and then BAM! Christmas came...and went... and I just stopped. Completely stopped.  So where have I been? What have I been up to?

Back in January I joined this fabulous group - Losing it with Lisa.  It's hosted by Lisa Rambo, a former Biggest Loser contestant.  She is one of the most amazing and inspiring people I have ever met.  I have always struggled with my weight and after having a baby, I seriously thought the weight would magically come off... but even after a year I was still 15lbs above where I wanted to be.  So each week I go to Lisa's bootcamp, weigh in, work out, learn about nutrition and leave feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the week.  So far I have lost almost 20lbs. Yes. TWENTY FREAKING POUNDS.  I am seeing numbers I haven't seen since high school.  So that has been my focus.  I workout, eat well, and spend time with my family.

I think when I fell away from blogging I almost felt a sense of guilt about when I should come back and if I should even come back.   I am grateful to have such supportive friends and family who inquired if I would be blogging again... I plan on it!  I promise :)

Here are some things of what you might have missed in the last few months...

George's 1st birthday (Yes, this pretty much engulfed my entire month of January!) How is it possible my sweet little boy is almost 14 months old?!

Great Grandpa and George

Aunt Bootsie, Brentley, George and I 

Brentley, Cousin Jenny, George, and I 


Stinky Butt 
Godparents - Greg and Jayme

George, me and Sophie

Helgeson Family, Adam, Great Grandpa, Alex, George, me, Grandma Judy and Grandpa Paul
Family


February brought Valentine's day (completely uneventful), a golf vacation for Adam (which left me a single parent with little help since the grandparents were also gone!), and a chance to get out side and do some running.  

March has also been busy. I spent the first weekend in Illinois doing an intensive review course for a designation I'm working on -- and passed!  I have 1 more (of 9) to complete - which means I am eligible for a trip to Hawaii for conferment. YAY!!!  This girl needs a beach vacation!   I also ran my fastest 7k (and first 7K - ha ha) ever.  My first mile was 8:42 which was a PR for me.  I am so excited to see what this summer of running brings for me.  

Tory, Jen and I before the Get Lucky 7k


I am also launching a new business venture this month!  Ahh.. what started as a whim has proved to be a total motivation to try something new!  I cannot wait to write all about it (and share some before/afters and personal testimonies!) for my business.   More to come!!

XoXo 

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment