Sunday, July 10, 2016

Stitch Fix: Fix #31

One of the questions I get asked most often by people who used to read my blog (before my long hiatus) is if I still do Stitch Fix.  The answer is yes.  I've only taken one break from Stitch Fix and it was when I was pregnant with George. What's wonderful about Stitch Fix is that they offer maternity clothes as well.  I have heard from a few friends who have tried the maternity stuff that they absolutely love it.

Every box has a little note with style cards attached and the first line of my note was, Happy 31st Fix Day!  What?! 31 fixes already. I simply cannot believe it.  That's well over 2 years (plus a hiatus) of fixes.

What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a monthly or as you request clothing service that's delivered to your door. You sign up, fill out their Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. They send you clothes that match up with your profile. If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."


Gilli
Bethany V-Neck Knit Maxi Dress - $78


I LOVED the print on the Maxi skirt. It was vibrant teals, corals with navy blue and a hint of off white. The skirt was absolutely stunning and super comfortable. However, that's where the love of this dress ends.  The criss-cross top makes my already large chest look even larger.  It also ties in the back (or front) and since it's a higher waisted dress all I could think of was this would be cut if i was 8 months pregnant, which I'm not.  Verdict: Returned


Market & Spruce
Mariam Knit Dress - $68


This dress was quite possibly the most comfortable dress I have ever worn.. the trouble was simply getting it on.  I hope I can explain this properly.  It was a basic larger striped dress and then the smaller stripe was attached at the sides/shoulders and you could adjust it.  At first I had all of the material in the front, but half of it was meant for the back.  I would have loved this dress if I could have removed this weird top.  And trust me, I looked at it and looked at it, but the idea of having to alter a dress that's already $68 and it's a knit dress?  Not going to happen. Verdict: Returned

Loveappella
Macks Lace Detail Knit Top - $44



The only thing right about this top was the color.  The rest was a mess.  There is lace detail on the sides and around the shoulders/arm holes (which you can't really see since my hair is over it). It had a very tight spandex fit to it and no matter how loose of jeans I picked or how much I sucked in, this top did me no favors.  Verdict: Returned


Market & Spruce
Aaron Embroidered Blouse - $58


I'll admit, this top was cute.  I wasn't super keen on how it was almost more of a halter and I would have to wear a strapless bra with it, but it was a very comfortable top that was flattering on my body shape.  I liked the color and the light embroidered detail.  Here's the thing, this stuff isn't cheap. I have to remind myself that although I'm paying a $20 styling fee and if I don't pick anything, yes, I lose it.. but if I pick something that I wouldn't normally pay $58 for in a store, I'm way over spending.  If this top would have been in a lower price range, I would have likely kept it.  Verdict: Returned


Bancroft 
Carlota Hammered Coin Earrings - $28


Not my style. Not my jam. No way I'd ever wear these.  They stayed in the box. Verdict: Returned.

For those of you who aren't familiar; Stitch Fix carries sizes XS-XL and 0-14 as well as both maternity and petite.  (They have shoes now too!).  It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes! If you're interested, here is my referral link. I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you sign up you can have other friends sign up under your personal link. (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)


XOXO

Kristen










No comments:

Post a Comment