Thursday, August 18, 2016

One of the things I absolutely love about getting my monthly Stitch Fix are the sweet notes I get from my stylist.  Tiffany is my current stylist.  The first two fixes were 0 for 2. I knew the best way to receive better fixes was to update my Pinterest Boards.  I spent some time updating my boards and the next two fixes were fabulous!  While I really liked this fix, I also stuck to my budget and only kept one item.

What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a monthly service where you receive a stylist and he/she sends you "Fixes."   You sign up, fill out the Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. Stitch Fix sends you clothes that match up with your profile.  Within the profile there is a place to link your Pinterest account. This helps the stylist see what styles you like.  If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."

This month's Stitch Fix!


CeCe by Cynthia Steffe
Mieko Dress - $128

The colors in this dress are absolutely stunning.  The teal, corals and orange simply made the dress incredible beautiful.  The dress was lightweight and very comfortable.  What I did not like about the dress was that it really hung on me and did not do a lot for my shape.  I also could not get over the price of $128. It was out of the budget. I have a lot of dresses and since I didn't love this one, I could not keep it.  Verdict: Returned























41 Hawthorn
Sugar Dot Print Dress - $74

When I went on my Pinterest Pinning frenzy, this is one of the dresses I pinned for my stylist to find for me.  The gal that I pinned wore this dress so well. I unfortunately did not have the same luck.  Since I am a little bigger chested the top fit very tight on me. The polka dots were not as cute as I had hoped.  However, this dress is very versatile. I do like that it is work friendly, great for weddings or even Sunday church. Unfortunately, because of the fit it was not a keeper for me. Verdict: Returned




















 
Daniel Rainn
Kurkova Crochet Detail Blouse -$64

I am an absolute sucker for anything sheer and floral. I usually get something like this top in nearly every one of my Stitch Fix boxes.  The crochet detail on the neckline is gorgeous.  The darts on the side are also crocheted and created an illusion of a smaller waist line. (Of course I LOVED that!).  The top is definitely my style and something I would wear on a daily basis. However, last month I kept a sheer floral blouse.  Plus with a $64 price tag, I gave this one back to Stitch Fix.  Verdict: Returned























Collective Concepts
Elisa Faux Wrap Dress - $78

When I first saw this and it had a little elastic in the waist, I knew this would NEVER fit.  Then I tried it on and fell madly in love with it.  It is a little shorter dress, so I grabbed a pair of my favorite black leggings and bam!  This outfit is perfection. The colors are goregous, very fall like.  I really like the way the waist fits and how it has the "faux wrap" but also has a snap closure so I stay professional but put together.  Verdict: KEEP!






















Sweet Grey
Carlisle Mixed Material Top - $78
 
Confession. I peeked!  When you receive your shipping notification you can essentially "peek" to see what is in your fix. (The App is even better as it shows pictures of the clothes!).  When I saw this top, I immediately thought, no way. Tacky. Ugly. Not me at all.  Then I pulled it out of the box and started warming up to it.  Next, I put it on and felt how soft it was paired with my leggings.  I felt like I was in my PJs but entirely put together.  I immediately put this on the "maybe" list.  "Maybe" because you never know with Stitch Fix pricing.  And then I saw it. $78 for what feel like a fancy long sleeve t-shirt.  I could not justify it.   
Verdict: Returned.














I think the element of surprise (okay even if I peek) is always the most exciting part of Stitch Fix.  Someone else is picking what they think you will love and what may look great on you. It's fun to step outside of the box and try something different.  While I may only keep one or two things each fix, I still enjoy having (new) clothes and those that are different from everyone else.  Consider giving Stitch Fix a try!!

Stitch Fix carries sizes XS-XL and 0-14 as well as both maternity and petite.  (They have shoes now too!).  It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes! If you're interested, here is my referral link. I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you sign up you can have other friends sign up under your personal link. (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)


XOXO
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment