Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Christmas Cheer Box - The One I Sent

My first year of blogging has certainly been an interesting one!  I have followed many different bloggers and am learning my own style and ways as I go.  One of my current charges is to be more active and involved in the blogging world.  Rachel over at Floral and Fudge is co-hosting a Christmas Cheer Box Linkup with other bloggers.  

One of the "rules" of the cheer box is you are to spend around $10 and it must be Christmas related.  A few weeks ago I had seen this pin on Pinterest for the M&M Christmas Poem and I knew this would definitely be one of the items I included in my Cheer box. 

I was able to find the cute little half pint Ball Mason jars at Wal-Mart in a pack of 4. I filled it with regular M&Ms, tied some baker's twine around it and added the poem to the front. I thought I was going to be clever and laminate the poem, but glue and double sided tape wouldn't hold that baby on, so I went with regular paper.    Here is my version of the M&M Christmas Poem: 





Here is an overview of all of the items I put in the cheer box.

1. M&M poem - includes bakers twine, mason jar, M&Ms, and Christmas Poem.  
2. Eat, Drink & be Merry Beverage Napkins
3. Cupcake toppers 
4. Winter Cranberry Handsoap (my favorite!) from Bath and Body works
5. Cupcake Wrappers
6. Cookie Cutters - (to be on budget, I only included one in the cheer box)
7.  Paper straws - these are so darn cute!!  
8. Washi Tape 


This is the box of items I sent - the cupcake toppers are hiding behind the napkins... and I forgot but I actually added candy cane chapstick to the box as well!  How did I manage keeping this close to $10?  I bought the M&Ms in bulk at Sam's, the jars came in a pack of 4, the hand soap was on sale for 5/$18, the cookie cutters and chapstick came in a packs of 3, and I found the bev naps and straws for less than $1.  

This is a great gift idea that can be customized to fit for anyone!  



No comments:

Post a Comment