Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Stitch Fix #9 - My Fix Reviewed

I kind of forgot that I was getting a Stitch Fix this week! I was so excited when I came home to the box on my front step!  How did I forget?  Well it's been so hectic with Christmas shopping, working, planning a weekend trip out of town followed by a work trip out of town that I simply forgot this was coming!  I had briefly looked at my shipping notice to see what I was getting but didn't take much time beyond that.

I was so happy to see that I had the same stylist Desire again!  I love that she pushes me outside the box with some of her choices for me.  This month definitely had a few pieces I wouldn't normally pick for myself so I was looking forward to trying them!

What is Stitch Fix?
Stitch Fix is a monthly or as you request clothing service that's delivered to your door. You sign up, fill out their Style Profile, and then pay $20 as a styling fee. They send you clothes that match up with your profile. If you purchase something, the $20 is applied against your purchase. If you do not purchase anything, then the $20 is forfeited as a "styling fee."




Lyndie Cowl Neck Top

(Laila Jayde)

This was a simple black knit top that had a loose cowl neck.  There was an interesting detail on the shoulder but I was already turned off by the neckline that I knew I wasn't going to keep it.  It's funny how you look in the mirror and see something and it's "okay" but now that I see this in photos it's definitely a no.  

Verdict: Returned.

Rizzo Pull-On Skinny Ponte Pant
(Liverpool)

I have been wanting a Ponte knit pant and when I put these on they were PERFECT!  I was so in LOVE with these pants the minute I put them on.  They fit in length (hard to see with my boots on) and they fit in the waist and legs. I like that they have the pockets on the back so they don't look like leggings but fit nearly as comfy.  

Verdict:  Definitely a keeper!


Courtney Knot Studs
(Bay to Baubles)





NO.









Roxanne Striped Fringe Cardigan
(RD Style)

When I pulled this cardigan out of the box I was thinking they sent me a rug instead of a sweater.  But after I figured out how to put it on, I was pleasantly surprised. This definitely isn't my style but it was a fun piece!  I liked how comfy it was and I like how it paired so nicely with the ponte pants.  I had to throw this awesome headband from Ruffle Couture for the full "look."  Challenging myself to try new things is the EXACT reason I signed up for Stitch Fix.  While I don't foresee myself dressing bohemian, I like the vibe this outfit has. Adam even agreed that it looked good (minus the fact that I have a muffin top!). 

However, the shoulders in this sweater didn't fit right. They didn't stay put and kept falling off so it ended up not being a keeper for me. I was a bit bummed but it gives me ideas of other things to try!

Verdict:  Returned




Christine Lightweight Ombre Scarf
(LA Made)

Most of you know that I LOVE a good scarf!  This one had the potential for being one of those but I just couldn't get into this one.  I liked the royal purple/blue ombre idea, but I just don't think it worked for me.  It was very lightweight and I couldn't tie it to make it an infinity.  I added it to the cowl top to show off the stunning color but it just didn't do it for me.  Plus, I can't justify spending $44 on a scarf.

Verdict: Returned

For those of you who aren't familiar; Stitch Fix carries sizes XS-XL and 0-14. It's not age or body specific, they do try to meet your tastes and likes! If you're interested, here is my referral link. I receive a $25 credit for you signing up and once you sign up you can have other friends sign up under your personal link. (The credit isn't applied until the first box ships!)

Each month you have the opportunity to make notes to your stylist.  Of course I asked to have Desire again next month.  I also opened it back up to dresses.  I am heading to NYC in January for my friend Ashley's birthday and will be going out to a few speakeasies while we are there. I'm going to have to dress up so looking forward to what she comes up for me next month!




No comments:

Post a Comment